[Gdal-dev] OGR Style.

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Mar 12 11:55:00 EST 2003

Frédéric Trastour wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm using OGR to access Mapinfo file. The feature style string reurned by GetStyleString
> looks like :
>
> PEN(w:1px,c:#0000ff,id:"mapinfo-pen-14.ogr-pen-6",p:"8 2 1 2px")
>
> The two pen IDs "mapinfo-pen-14" and "ogr-pen-6" are separated by a dot.
> Normally, as documented in the "OGR - Feature style specification" document,
> they should be separated by a comma.
>
> Where is the bug ? in the doc. or in the library ?

Frederic,

Sorry for the lack of replies to your various questions regarding OGR
Styles in the last few weeks.  I think I'm the one who should be able to
answer but haven't been able to get to your messages yet.

About this specific issue, I've always been puzzled as to why the
MapInfo styles were implemented using a dot instead of a comma.  I'll
have to investigate this and the OGR core will likely be fixed so you
shouldn't have to patch your local copy.

> I have noticed other small differences between the doc. and the library.
> How can i submit a correction of the source in order to do not have to patch gdal
> each time i get a new version ?

BTW, if you are aware of other issues, please file them in the GDAL
bugzilla and assign them to me and I'll try to have a look.  If you
could file this one in bugzilla as well that would be great.

Thanks

Daniel
 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca