[Gdal-dev] saving GeoTiff

Ayman Kamal kamal_jo at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 18 10:42:25 EST 2003

1.
sorry sir if I was wrong when calling "NAD83",..
coordinate systems, but I referred to
http://gdal.velocet.ca/projects/opengis/ogrhtml/osr_tutorial.html

where it mentions exactly:
"The OGRSpatialReference has built in support for a
few well known coordinate systems, which include
"NAD27", "NAD83", "WGS72" and "WGS84....."

2. I changed the pixel size by changing the values of
adfGeoTransform[1]//horizental pixel size
adfGeoTransform[5]//vertical pixel size

in "gdal_translate" code.

I am sure that the pixel size was changed, as I opened
the images in other softwares and noticed that the
size of the grid cells has changed accordingly.

3. Anyway, what I want simply is as follows:
I want to show a dialog the user that contains the
parametes he/she must fill to be able to generate a
correct GeoTiff image,
-I figuered out that I will ask him/her to choose one
of "NAD83","NAD27","WGS72","WGS84"
-Ask him/her about the latitude and longitude of top
left corner
-Ask him/her about pixel size, and I mention the unit
of size, so what does DATUM mean, and if he chooses
any of the DATUMs, what will the unit be?

http://www.remotesensing.org/gdal/gdal_datamodel.html