[Gdal-dev] OGR JOIN and INDEX support

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Mar 20 15:48:13 EST 2003

Folks,

I think I emailed a while ago about plans to implementing some degree of
attribute indexing and support for attribute joins through OGR.  This work
is now complete, and committed to CVS. I have documented these features
and the rest of "OGR SQL" (the limited SQL available for all non-RDBMS
formats) at the page:

   http://gdal.velocet.ca/projects/opengis/ogrhtml/ogr_sql.html

Let me know if anyone has questions.  Note that the attribute indexing
support is currently only implemented for the Shapefile driver.

This capability is also accesable via MapServer now as MapServer's "OGR"
support now has the ability to use an OGR "SQL" query as the layer source.