[Gdal-dev] GDAL configure

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Mar 27 17:22:17 EST 2003

Frank,

I upgraded GDAL from CVS a few minutes ago and noticed that the
configure script gives a few times the warning 'rm: core is a
directory'.  I suspect that this is because you started using a new
version of autoconf recently.  I reran autoconf (v2.13) locally and the
message goes away for me.

I'm not sure what could/should be done about this, but I just thought I
would let you (and the list) know in case someone runs into problems
where the gdal/core directory suddenly disappears.  I've heard of a few
other issues on other developers lists related to the most recent
versions of autoconf, almost sounds like this package is moving
backwards.

Regards,

Daniel
 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca