[Gdal-dev] gdalwarp UTM->SPCS

Richard Greenwood rich at greenwoodmap.com
Tue May 13 20:59:41 EDT 2003

Hello;

I am continuing to struggle with gdalwarp. Following up on my earlier query
to this list - I am trying to reproject from UTM to state plane. My source
image has a world file, but an incomplete SRS, so I am launching gdalwarp
with both a s_srs and a t_srs where the s_srs defines my UTM zone, and the
t_srs defines my state plane zone. Is this generally the right approach?

I have tried specifying both the s_srs and t_srs with EPSG:xxxx, PROJ.4
declarations, and OGC WTK in text files, but in no case am I getting the
expected results. For example, in no case does gdalinfo list the correct
units for my output file. I have specifed
UNIT["Foot_US",0.30480060960121924] in the t_srs WKT definition and
+to_meter=0.3048006096012192 and +unit=ft in the proj.4 t_srs definitions,
but the output always ends up as either
UNIT["metre",1,AUTHORITY["EPSG","9001"] or UNIT["unknown",1].

I feel like I must be overlooking someting terribly obvious. Where might I
find more examples of gdalwarp usage? Is there a more appropriate list to
pose the questions to?

Thanks,
Rich

Richard W. Greenwood, PLS