[Gdal-dev] python support under cygwin?

Norman Vine nhv at cape.com
Wed May 14 17:07:31 EDT 2003

Frank Warmerdam writes:

>   o I tried building and installing PROJ from CVS.  It works, but PROJ
didn't
>     produce shared libraries, and so the aspects of GDAL that utilize PROJ
>     aren't going to work ... well, perhaps static PROJ linking could be
>     utilized but that isn't trivial out of the box.

** WARNING HACK ATTACK ***

The following command issued from the top level proj directory
should build a DLL from the static libproj.a

gcc -shared -o cygproj.dll \
	-Wl,--out-implib=libproj.dll.a \
	-Wl,--export-all-symbols \
	-Wl,--enable-auto-import \
	-Wl,--whole-archive ./src/.libs/libproj.a \
	-Wl,--no-whole-archive /lib/libcygwin.a

< / hack >

HTH

Norman