[Gdal-dev] ogr2ogr, TAB->SHP, MULTILINESTRINGs

Krzysztof Chodak k.chodak at autoguard.pl
Fri May 23 12:33:37 EDT 2003

What are the objections of converting MULTILINESTRING (from MI TAB) into
(ESRI) shapes?

As sections from MULTILINESTRING can be independent/discontinuous it would
require creating one shape for each section. As ogr2ogr doesn't support such
conversion and MI Professional Universal Translator is doing it badly (it
makes one continuous line from all of segments which sometimes is correct
but sometimes produces rubbish) I have no tool and I'm in a dead point now.

It would be great if someone would suggest me the solution (or/and answer to
first question in this post).

BR

Krzysztof Chodak