[Gdal-dev] Re: imagewarp help (previously no subject)

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu May 29 10:56:10 EDT 2003

Bill Bob wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>
> Thanks for your suggestion.  I am not sure if I am doing it right.  I
> have added the following:
>
>     if( verbose )
>     {
>         fprintf(stderr,"using projection parameters of
> %s\n",CPLStrdup(GDALGetProjectionRef(hSrsDataset)) );
>     }
>
> What I get is an empty string, which leaves me wondering is it that I
> haven't setup the correct projection, or that I don't know how to use
> GDALGetProjectionRef().

Bill,

This is the source or destination dataset?  Reprojection will definately not
work if you don't have a coordinate system definition.  You will need a valid
source and destination coordinate system.  If you are creating the output file
you will generally have to define the output coordinate system yourself.  If
the source doesn't have one that GDAL recognises you will need to provide it.