[Gdal-dev] Sinusoidal projection for MODIS images with OGR

Ben Discoe ben at vterrain.org
Thu Oct 16 13:01:58 EDT 2003

Yes, the JPEGs are from http://rapidfire.sci.gsfc.nasa.gov/gallery/ which
provides world files - though i'm calling GDAL/OGR directly rather than
using the command-line tools.  I use GDAL to load the image with world file,
then describe the projection with OGR, then do my own reprojection from SIN
using OGR.  This is all done with the GUI in our VTBuilder application.  As
mentioned, seems to work - but there is a small funny offset, which might be
explain by SIN/ISIN difference, or by ellipsoid differences, or something
else i don't understand.

Any prospect for ISIN support in OGR/PROJ.4?

-Ben