R: [Gdal-dev] OSX compile problem

Amici Alessandro alessandro_amici at telespazio.it
Mon Oct 20 03:44:12 EDT 2003

Phil,

> I am trying to compile GDAL on OSX 10.2.6, and get the following error.
> I have gone back through the archives but can't see a similar problem.

> g++ -Wl,-bind_at_load  -o .libs/_gdalmodule.so -bundle
> .libs/gdal_wrap.o .libs/numpydataset.o .libs/gdalnumeric.o
> ../.libs/libgdal.dylib -lz -lm -L/stereotools/gdal/.libs
> ld: Undefined symbols:
> _PyArg_Parse
[...]

apparently you miss a reference to the python library in the g++
command line. i don't know what is the correct fix for this, but
if you don't need gdal support for the python programming language
you can easily work around the problem adding '--without-python' on
the ./configure command line.

cheers,
alessadnro