[Gdal-dev] porting of gdal to (optional) libtool build finall y completed

Amici Alessandro alessandro_amici at telespazio.it
Tue Oct 21 05:44:57 EDT 2003

Simon,

sorry for taking that long to answer!

> As one of those libtool non-fans you mentioned, I can at least
> appreciate the effort required in getting libtool to work! :)

thanks ;)

> The following is a little tangential so feel free to ignore...

not ignored at all, i'm just way too busy for a mere 24 hours a day.

> Don't know if I've mentioned this before, and if I haven't, this is
> probably a tactless time to do so... but we've recently started using an
> exciting new build tool called "scons" for our projects. The home page
> for this project is at:
>
> http://www.scons.org

i had a look at it after you first metioned on the list and the idea
looks really sweet. it is my intention to give it a spin as soon as
i can, expecially since at work i'm involved in a project where we hit the
limits of gnu make quite hard.

> I'm not volunteering to re-engineer the GDAL build process using
> scons right now... :)

i'm not, either!

at least not right now ;)

cheers,