[Gdal-dev] Can't compile with jasper inside

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Oct 22 09:15:09 EDT 2003

Fu Chen wrote:
> Hi!
> I try to use jasper in gdal. I uncommented the nmake.opt and set the right directory.
>
> # Uncomment for JasPer based JPEG2000 support
> JASPER_DIR = d:\jasper-1.700.2.uuid
> JASPER_INCLUDE = -I$(JASPER_DIR)\src\libjasper\include -DJAS_WIN_MSVC_BUILD
> JASPER_LIB = $(JASPER_DIR)\src\msvc\Win32_Release\libjasper.lib
>
> And compile work well, for example
>
> D:\gdalcvs-031015\gdal\frmts>call ..\submake.bat jpeg2000
>  copy *.obj ..\o
> jpeg2000dataset.obj
>
> But when i use gdalinfo-formats, there isn't a jpeg2000 inside and when i use it to read a jp2 file, it can't recognize it.

Fu Chen,

The dependency rules in the windows build aren't to sophisticated.  I
believe that gdalallregister.cpp isn't being re-compiled when you change
the nmake.opt file, so the new format registration isn't included.

After changing nmake.opt it may be necessary to do a make clean and
then rebuild.

eg
nmake /f makefile.vc clean
nmake /f makefile.vc