[Gdal-dev] Tiff on the CD

Fu Chen fchen at ne.rsgs.ac.cn
Fri Oct 24 07:12:12 EDT 2003

Hi!
I have a problem in my project. We have a lot of tiff images on CD or DVD. So I can't build overviews on they to make they be browsed more fluently in a viewer writed on GDAL. I wonder if there is a way that i can build the overviews on my hard disk. When user wanna know the information of whole image, RasterIO will find the data in harddisk. And when the user want the detail, RasterIO will turn to the CD. I think it will be much efficiently. But I know know whether it is possible to implement it by GDAL.
Any idea?