[Gdal-dev] gdalwarp output

Gillian Walter gillian.walter at atlantis-scientific.com
Tue Oct 28 11:56:34 EST 2003

Hi,

Could you use VRT as an intermediate format?  This is an xml text format
that stores references to data bands rather than copying/extracting them
(metadata is stored in the text file though).

gdal_translate -of VRT -b 1 input.tif input.vrt

If you use input.vrt as the input to gdalwarp, maybe that would avoid
the extraction?

- Gillian