[Gdal-dev] HDF4 and Xerces config questions

Andrey Kiselev dron at ak4719.spb.edu
Thu Sep 4 04:27:04 EDT 2003

On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 10:28:39PM -0600, Jack Varga wrote:
> Trying to build GDAL with support for HDF4 and Xerces and have
> encountered problems.
>
> System basics: stock Mandrake 9.1using gcc 3.2.2.  Kernel is
> 2.4.21--0.13mdk.  cpu is athlon-tbird although uname -p fails to
> detect.  Assume that is because I'm using stock kernel.
>
> ./configure --with-hdf=/usr/lib

Jack,

You don't need to specify library path when the library installed in
standard place. You even don't need to specify --with-hdf option, it
will be autodetected. But if you want to prepare a binary package it
may be useful.

And finally, there is a mistake in your path. You should use
--with-hdf=/usr so far as library should be searched in /usr/lib
directory and headers in /usr/include, not in /usr/lib/include.

					Andrey

--
Andrey V. Kiselev
Home phone:  +7 812 5274898  ICQ# 26871517