[Gdal-dev] Oracle OGR Segmentation Fault

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Sep 4 09:39:32 EDT 2003

Wim Blanken wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> I am experimenting with ogr in combination with oracle and having the
> following problem.
> Using ogrinfo with layers that have been loaded using ogr2ogr is not a
> problem but existing layers (not loaded with ogr2ogr) are producing
> segmentation faults. I noticed that the ogr2ogr layers have an OGR_FID
> column and that the other layers not. Is this the problem. Is there a
> solutions to this problem?

Wim,

Ogrinfo and ogr2ogr are certainly intended to work fine without the OGR_FID
field but I must confess this case is likely tested significantly less than
layers loaded with ogr2ogr itself.  It is quite possible that some more
esoteric field types are not handled well.

If you can provide a set of SQL I can run through sqlplus to prepare a table
that will reproduce the problem then I will look into it, otherwise there
isn't much I can do from my end without access to your system to debug the
issue.  From your end it would be helpful if you could build GDAL/OGR in
debug and produce a traceback of failed access.