[Gdal-dev] Support for GML via Xerces

Jack Varga jvarga at boulder.net
Mon Sep 8 15:39:38 EDT 2003

I'm having no luck finding info on compiling Xerces (C++) XML parser
into GDAL and was wondering if (a., this is the only way to parse GML
with GDAL, (b. anyone has had success.  I've downloaded the Linux
Xerces-C++ ver. 2.3.0 binaries for Linux and installed them in
/usr/local/xercesc.  I've also downloaded and compiled the same release
source, (but there is no documentation I could find on how to install
after compilation, i.e., no make install).  I'm using GDAL 1.1.9

regards,