[Gdal-dev] GNU make build system update

Alessandro Amici alexamici at tiscali.it
Thu Sep 11 18:48:43 EDT 2003

Frank,

On Thursday 11 September 2003 00:37, Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Alessandro Amici wrote:
>   > Frank, could you please verify whether you need to define
>   > (meaningfull!)
> >
> > constructors and destructors for the two classes that appear in the
> > patch?
>
> The patch looks harmless enough, please feel free to apply it.

i applyed a sligthly larger patch that addresses all the mingw 'ld -r' errors
that i know of.

apparently i just added few constructors and destructors that were reference
somwhere in the object files, but were never defined explicitely.
HOWEVER, sometime i needed to add only the contructor, sometime i needed to
add both and sometime i had to declare the destuctor virtual and some more
time not... and i have no idea _why_ (i'm no c++ guru).

from my (poor) understanding of c++ class implementation on mingw/cygwin the
general policy should be: always declare and define constructors and
destructors.

cheers,
alessandro