[Gdal-dev] Two user's questions

Zbigniew Perski perski at us.edu.pl
Mon Sep 15 12:31:16 EDT 2003

Hi all,

I am quite new user of gdal. I am using it within OpenEV and grass but
recently I have decided to build it fro  source.

During my work with gdal I found a strange think: in all distributions
which I have tried (debian packages, OpenEV, source) I can not find
gdaltindex!
What is happend with this tool which is described on the project's web page?

2-nd problem is related to using python modules. After instalation I should:

"In order to run GDAL after installing it is necessary for the shared
library to be findable. This can often be accomplished by setting
LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include /usr/local/lib."

I have tried to add a path in .bashrc but it is not working. Does
anybody can tell me how to correctly do it in linux (debian) ?

Best regards

Zbigniew