[Gdal-dev] GXF and Minimum and Maximum support

N. Farah nfarah at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 22 16:05:03 EDT 2003

Hi,

Thanks Frank for fixing so quickly the projection issue with GXF. More
important than was i guess the memory leak.

I have another point that I would like to rise. My understanding of a GDAL
band regarding minimum and maximum value is: if that band is aware of the
minimum and maximum values, it should basicaly implement/override the get
methods (GetMinimum(...) and GetMaximum(...)).

As GXF seems to be one band only (not sure though), probably the min and max
of the band could be implemented and the data fetched direclty from the
GXFHandle (as thet are already loaded).

Best Regards,

Noureddine Farah