[Gdal-dev] OGR and SQLite

Etienne Dube etdube at globetrotter.net
Thu Apr 1 14:24:42 EST 2004

Hello, Frank

Yes that was my point. I'm thinking about implementing SQLite support in OGR,
for my embedded GPS mapping app, because Postgres feels a little bit cramped
on my tiny iPAQ. If you're interested, take a look at that:

http://pfe.fouata.com/pics/voisinage_01avr04.png
http://pfe.fouata.com/pics/ile_montreal_01avr04.png

Yup, it's pulling data via OGR from a PostgreSQL database. I'm also using the
OGRCoordinateTransformation class to reproject the data from geographic to
cartesian (UTM) coordinates. The GUI is still a little bit crude, but it'll
get better soon enough :) . I'll probably build a desktop version, using Qt
instead of Qt/Embedded (should be an easy port to do) when my semester is
over (along with my B. Eng. degree... Yes preciousssss iron ring, soon we
ssshall be done with all theeesse vile lab assssignments. )

Etienne