[Gdal-dev] OpenEV_FW 1.7.1 Linux Binaries Released

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Apr 5 14:08:41 EDT 2004

Folks,

For the first time in a long time I have prepared a Linux binaries release
of the OpenEV_FW package.  It is available at:

   ftp://ftp.remotesensing.org/gdal/openev/OpenEV_FW_linux_1.7.1.tar.gz

It contains similar options to the Windows release but lacks a few drivers
(such as ECW).  It does contain a full set of MapServer executables.  mapserv
itself and all the utility programs.   It does include PostGIS and DODS support.

Feedback, as always, is welcome.

My *intention* is to rebanner the OpenEV_FW releases as "FWTools" and setup
up some more support infrastructure (web page, bugzilla for "package", better
advertising, and more frequent releases).  As always whether called OpenEV_FW
or FWTools, it will endevour to track development version of packages, and to
include as many extensions/format drivers etc as possible.