[Gdal-dev] Pre-packaged GDAL Binaries

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Apr 6 13:54:38 EDT 2004

Folks,

I am trying to put the information on where to download GDAL binaries into
better order.  Over the years lots of people have contacted me on this list,
or privately about packages they were working on for GDAL and related packages.
I generally have not kept close track of any of this other than over the
years it sinking in the Silke at Inevation was maintaining RPMs for the
FreeGIS CDs.

I have moved download information off the main GDAL page and I am now
interested in including pointers to various pre-packaged binaries
available from different source.  I currently have a general reference
to the FreeGIS CDs for RPMS (but no direct link).  Also a link to the
info page about Debian GDAL packages (also maintained by Silke) and
the information page about MacOS X Fink packages for GDAL.  The page is at:

   http://www.remotesensing.org/gdal/download.html

Is anyone aware of other such packagings I should be referencing?
Is there a FreeBSD package being maintained by someone?  A Cygwin package?

There is also the new GeoMorphix just announced but it is currently
an incomplete packaging of GDAL (no commandline utilities or Python
integration) so I will omit it till that is taken care of.