[Gdal-dev] NOAA-16 AVHRR

James Gallagher jgallagher at gso.uri.edu
Fri Apr 16 14:56:35 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 11:48, Mahesh Chittur wrote:
> Hi,
> I haven't used much of gdal. I have this NOAA 16 AVHRR dataset. Is it
> possible to read this data using gdal from GRASS; or is there any other
> program thats can read NOAA-16 AVHRR data ( Unix version of the program).
>
> Thankx for the help in advance

Mahesh,

I doubt this is much help for your specific dataset, but there is quite
a bit of avhrr data available over the net through the DODS and NVODS
projects. There is also a DODS/OPeNDAP driver for gdal. You could point
that code at any of avhrr data in DODS/NVODS. Write me if you'd like
more info.

James