[Gdal-dev] Problem transforming PNG, BMP, JPEG datasets using GDALWarp API

Brian Marchand bmarchand at ara.com
Mon Apr 19 08:50:04 EDT 2004

Hello,

I've come across a problem where PNG, BMP, and JPEG datasets are zeroed
out during a GDALWarp transform. I'm not sure if other formats do this,
but I've seen this happen on these types. I have no problem with TIFF
files so as a temporary work around for these types; I copy them to
geotiff datasets before the transform. I'd prefer not to do this, so I'm
wondering if anyone else has seen this and if this is a bug or am I
missing a step. No errors are generated during the warp setup and
execution.

I'm using GDAL 1.2 on Windows 2K

Thanks,

Brian