[Gdal-dev] Python Module Build

Alessandro Amici alexamici at fastwebnet.it
Thu Apr 22 09:03:31 EDT 2004

Sean,

> >> so i refreshed what looked like an abandoned setup.py in the top
> >> directory.
> >> current gdal cvs builds and installs fine on linux with:
> >> $ ./configure <...> --without-python
> >> $ make
> >> $ python setup.py build
> >> $ python setup.py install
> >
> > it still works on linux. could you test if it works on MacOS X as well?

> That didn't work (a bit of output is below). It looks like it's not
> finding the gdal header files. Is there anyway to get tell it where
> they are? I'm sorry, I don't know much about python so I'm not much
> help.

mmm, that would be very strange, but i can't tell if that is really the
problem.

note that, the command line of the failing program and the first few lines of
the error message are usually the most important things to put in a
build-failure report ;).

in your case i would need the whole output of the setup.py script. please send
it to me as a private e-mail if it is more than a few tens of lines.

thanks,
alessandro