[Gdal-dev] RE: [ANNOUNCE] Support for MrSID DSDK v. 4.0.x

Andrey Kiselev dron at ak4719.spb.edu
Tue Apr 27 14:59:34 EDT 2004

On Tue, Apr 27, 2004 at 10:11:11AM -0700, Michael P. Gerlek wrote:
> > I have made significant changes in the MrSID driver to support the
> > DSDK v.4.0. In fact the whole driver was reorginized and mostly
> > rewritten, so bugs are possible. Please, test the new driver with
> > the your old DSDK's (3.1 and 3.2) as well as with the new ones (4.0)
> > --- all those libraries should be supported now.
>
> HOWEVER, everyone should be aware that our final 4.0 SDK has not been
> released yet.  We have done a few "technology preview (TP) releases"
> (available by request) and will do a few more before we ship the final
> SDK.  The API is still settling down though, so any code based on the
> TP releases will need to be updated.

Well, I'm relying on user's requests, and I have more than one request
about 4.0, so I thought it was released already... On other hand 4.0
driver still not reaches the state of the driver for 3.x DSDKs and
MapServer users may be unsatisfied with the driver perfomance. This is
the area which needs some more work.

							Andrey

--
Andrey V. Kiselev
Home phone:  +7 812 5274898  ICQ# 26871517