[Gdal-dev] Hi, Can you tell me how to build gdal from source code in the environment of Microsoft VC5?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Apr 29 09:23:35 EDT 2004

Liu Shijie wrote:
> When i build the source in following steps:
> 1. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\\VC98\\bin\\VCVARS32.BAT
>

> 2. C:\GDAL> nmake /f makefile.vcIt comes to errors.Can
> you tell me how to build gdal from source in the environment
> of Microsoft VC5?Thanks!
> best regards!

Liu,

Are you seriously using VC++ 5.x?  That is ... ancient.  It seemed
weird to me that I still mostly use VC6 which is approximately six
years old.

You didn't list the errors you encounter, so there really isn't anything
we can do to help you, but I will start by saying that I support VC 6 and
VC.NET.  If you are still running VC5 you had better upgrade or you will
likely run into all sorts of hassles.