[Gdal-dev] ArcGrid .adf format compatibility.

jason jnielsen at aero-graphics.com
Fri Apr 30 10:17:05 EDT 2004

We have some arcgrid .adf files from geocomm.com. I am not very familiar
with this format but it does pull up fine in ArcMap 8.3. Below are the
details of the issues I have run into. I was wondering if anyone knows
what I may have wrong. It would seem I have the arc grid support. Thanks.

[root at localhost DEM11041]# gdalinfo --formats
Supported Formats:
  VRT: Virtual Raster
  GTiff: GeoTIFF
  NITF: National Imagery Transmission Format
  HFA: Erdas Imagine Images (.img)
  SAR_CEOS: CEOS SAR Image
  CEOS: CEOS Image
  ELAS: ELAS
  AIG: Arc/Info Binary Grid
  AAIGrid: Arc/Info ASCII Grid
  SDTS: SDTS Raster
  DTED: DTED Elevation Raster
  PNG: Portable Network Graphics
  JPEG: JPEG JFIF
  MEM: In Memory Raster
  JDEM: Japanese DEM (.mem)
  GIF: Graphics Interchange Format (.gif)
  ESAT: Envisat Image Format
  BSB: Maptech BSB Nautical Charts
  XPM: X11 PixMap Format
  BMP: MS Windows Device Independent Bitmap
  PNM: Portable Pixmap Format (netpbm)
  DOQ1: USGS DOQ (Old Style)
  DOQ2: USGS DOQ (New Style)
  ENVI: ENVI .hdr Labelled
  EHdr: ESRI .hdr Labelled
  PAux: PCI .aux Labelled
  MFF: Atlantis MFF Raster
  MFF2: Atlantis MFF2 (HKV) Raster
  FujiBAS: Fuji BAS Scanner Image
  GSC: GSC Geogrid
  FAST: EOSAT FAST Format
  L1B: NOAA Polar Orbiter Level 1b Data Set
  FIT: FIT Image
  USGSDEM: USGS Optional ASCII DEM
  GXF: GeoSoft Grid Exchange Format

[root at localhost DEM11041]# gdalinfo W001001.ADF
ERROR 4: `W001001.ADF' not recognised as a supported file format.

GDALOpen failed - 4
`W001001.ADF' not recognised as a supported file format.