R: [Gdal-dev] GetSpatialRef() returns a NULL pointer.

Sanges Michele Michele.Sanges at otomelara.it
Tue Aug 3 03:27:17 EDT 2004

Tyler,
I want extract the GEOGRAPHIC (or UTM) COORDINATES from some vector map files (ESRI shapefile), which do not have the relative prj file.
I get the geometries in order to draw the different shapes (point, line, polyline, polygon...) embedded in any shapefile, but how can I get the geographic coordinates? I'm newbie in OGR, and I thought that it was made by means the SpatialRef class.

Thanks a lot.
Michele