[Gdal-dev] Tilting of 7.5" Digital Elevation Models

Ed McNierney ed at topozone.com
Wed Aug 18 10:09:15 EDT 2004

Stefan -

They're not tilted, they're projected.  In the UTM projection the
central meridian (for that zone) is "straight up" in the projection -
meridians to the west of it will "tilt" to the right and those to the
east will "tilt" to the left.  But they're not tilted, they're curved,
and the degree of "tilt" also depends on the latitude.

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com / Maps a la carte, Inc.
73 Princeton Street, Suite 305
North Chelmsford, MA  01863
Phone: +1 978 251-4242   Fax: +1 978 251-1396