[Gdal-dev] Windows compile of GDAL 1.2.1 with HDF

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Tue Aug 31 17:12:07 EDT 2004

Andrey,

I had a couple of spare hours so I built the makefiles and did some testing
(see attached zip of makefiles and modified source).  The makefile.vc in the
hdf4 dir needs to be "enhanced" to handle the new hdf-eos sub-dir, and a new
makefile.vc needs to be created for the new hdf-eos sub-dir.

I ran into a problem with the "sleep" function referenced in EHapi.c and had
to add a couple of windows include files (wrapped in a #ifdef WIN32 to
protect our Unix developers).

It compiled, so I ran a  couple of tests with gdalinfo.  It gave reasonable
output for MODIS and ASTER image data, but crashed on ASTER DEM data (the
same DEM data works in gdal 1.1.9).

Could someone run some ASTER DEM data through a Unix version of gdal 1.2.1
to see if the problem is Windows or gdal 1.2.1?

Thanks!
Brent Fraser