[Gdal-dev] Help with gdal_merge errors

Gillian Walter gillian.walter at atlantis-scientific.com
Wed Dec 1 14:14:04 EST 2004

Hi,

Julia.Harrell at ncmail.net wrote:

>Hi Gillian,
>

>>Have you set your PYTHONPATH variable?
>>

>yes, env vars were the first thing I checked.
>they are all set. i'm not so concerned about
>whether i have to reference the python exe
>explicity, the main problem is the gdal_merge error.

 From your last message, it looks like gdal_merge is failing to create
the output dataset/file properly (line 410 is returning None).   Are
there any messages before that traceback?  I assume you have write
permission for the Y directory?  You could also try GTiff as an output
format instead of JPEG in case it's an output format-specific problem,
and recompress after if that works.