[Gdal-dev] Python Problems

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 16:09:04 EST 2004

On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 12:24:27 -0800, Chris Hodgson
<chodgson at refractions.net> wrote:
> I'm having problems compiling the gdal python lib...
> #./configure --without-geos --with-python
> checking GDAL version... cvs-20041203
> checking for python... python
> checking where python Makefiles are... found
> checking Python makefile... missing, python disabled.
> checking for NumPy include files... missing

Chris,

The problem is this thing about the Python makefile not being
found.  Lacking the numpy include files is not usually fatal
though might mean you lack numpy integration.  Them missing
python makefile likely means you have not installed a python-dev
package or something like that.

Or my configuration rules might be depending on Python
methods that are no longer current.

Would it make sense to use the FWTools linux build for
what you want?  It does include python, numpy etc.

> I think the problem is with my lack of a "NumPy" lib... so I am now
> trying to get that installed, and Iget te following:

My understanding was that if you build numpy and lack the
required libraries (blas,etc) that it would build with the
internal "lite" version.  That does not seem to be happening
for you.