[Gdal-dev] Re: Problems installing GDAL 1.2.5 - Crashes on Make

William Hudspeth bhudspeth at edac.unm.edu
Thu Dec 9 16:05:14 EST 2004

Frank Warmerdam <fwarmerdam <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 20:07:02 +0000 (UTC), William Hudspeth
> <bhudspeth <at> edac.unm.edu> wrote:
> > Hello,
> > gctp_wrap.c: In function `osr_inv':
> > gctp_wrap.c:64: error: `OGRSpatialReferenceH' undeclared (first use in this
> > function)
>
> William,
>
> I haven't run into a problem like this before, but the HDF support isn't
> built in all that often.  One thing I notice is that gctp_wrap.c includes
> ogr_srs_api.h using angle brackets instead of the double quotes used
> elsewhere in GDAL.  Try changing:
>
> #include <ogr_srs_api.h>

> #include "ogr_srs_api.h"
>
> in gdal/frmts/hdf4/hdf-eos/gctp_wrap.c and see if that helps.
>
> Best regards,

Hello Frank,

I made the requested changes to gctp_wrap.c and got the same error messsage. I
previously had some trouble installing the HDF4.2r0 package, but was able to get
it installed after help from their people. I don't really understand the error
messages, so I don't know whether I should try re-installing the HDF package, or
if the problem lies in with the GDAL installation.

Thanks, Bill