[Gdal-dev] GDAL 1.19 with ECW problems

Mark Cave-Ayland m.cave-ayland at webbased.co.uk
Thu Feb 5 16:31:33 EST 2004

(lots cut!)

> Mark,
>
> Wow, good effort!  Ideally it should be suffient to build
> gdal11.dll seperately and then copy it over the existing
> gdal11.dll in the OpenEV distribution.  Of course, any other
> newly required include files would also have to be dumped
> there.  I'm not sure that even theupdated _gdal.pyd should be
> needed as I think it is a thin wrapper over gdal11.dll that
> wouldn't change just due to gdal build configurations.
>

> I have no idea why ECW works for open, but not open 3d.  Can
> you run OpenEV from a dos window so as to be able to capture
> the python exception trace back?  That might be helpful.

Hi Frank,

Many thanks for the response. I did initially try just replacing the
gdal11.dll in the OpenEV distribution with the new one, but I kept
getting the following error message when loading OpenEV: "The procedure
entry point OGRSetGenerate_DB2_V72_BYTE_ORDER could not be located in
the dynamic link library gdal11.dll". This fortunately threw out a
python backtrace that pointed to line 100 in pymod/gdal.py that simply
reads 'import _gdal'. I checked the DLL exports and found that the new
DLL didn't have this entry point so I copied across all the files using
setup.py and did some hand tweaking until it worked :)

I've now managed to get the Visual C debugger going and I'm not sure
this is a GDAL problem anymore. The error message I get is: "Unhandled
exception in python.exe (_GV.DLL): 0xC0000005: Access violation." with
no python stacktrace. I did find a program called gvtest in the
OpenEV\bin directory and that seemed to work fine. So perhaps this is
not a GDAL problem but an OpenEV issue - I can try and open this up on
the OpenEV lists instead if you think that would be more relevant? I'm
guessing that this DLL is the one called from gview.py which appears to
be some kind of GTK extension for vector graphics?

Many thanks,

Mark.

---

Mark Cave-Ayland
Webbased Ltd.
Tamar Science Park
Derriford
Plymouth
PL6 8BX
England

Tel: +44 (0)1752 764445
Fax: +44 (0)1752 764446

recipient please delete it from your system and notify the sender. You
should not copy it or use it for any purpose nor disclose or distribute
its contents to any other person.