[Gdal-dev] HDF4 driver and Landsat L1G metadata

Mario Beauchamp starged at videotron.ca
Fri Feb 6 13:50:46 EST 2004

Hi Andrey,

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 10:08:47 +0300, Andrey Kiselev <dron at ak4719.spb.edu> wrote:

>> I am trying to convert to geotiff the Landsat L1G images found on the
>> GLCF site (http://glcfapp.umiacs.umd.edu:8080/esdi/index.jsp).
>
>Could you give me an exact link to their FTP archive where your HDF
>files located? I need a sample to implement support for that product type.

Of course. It's in the directory at:

ftp://ftp.glcf.umiacs.umd.edu/glcf/Landsat/WRS2/p012/r031/L71012031_03120020410.ETM-USGS/

And btw, the gdal tools I used are those in the OpenEV_FW 1.63, not the Atlantis version. I also
have a MinGW gdal build (it is needed by OSSIM) but I later realised that I would need to rebuild it
with hdf4 support and for that, I also need to build the hdf libs. And it doesn't look like
compilation under MinGW is supported (why am I not surprised?)...

So I guess I will have to wait for Frank to include those changes in the next OpenEV_FW :)

Thanks a lot.
--
Mario B.
My Landsat images: