[Gdal-dev] GDAL + Linux x86-64 support?

Norman Vine nhv at cape.com
Sun Feb 8 18:18:51 EST 2004

Robert Osfield writes:

> I have just built myself a Althon64 based Suse9.0 64bit Linux box, and have
> downloaded the cvs version of gdal and run ./configure, make but get the
> error from make:
>
> gdal>./configure
> ....  last line says..
> checking for MrSIDImage.h in /include... configure: error: not found.
>
> gdal> make
> GNUmakefile:5: GDALmake.opt: No such file or directory

configure needs to run succesfully inorder for make to work.

Since you did not specifically request MrSid support configure
shouldn't be looking for any MrSid related files, however you can
try rerunning the configure script explicitly setting the MrSid option off

by issuing the following commands

./configure  --with-mrsid=no
make

HTH