[Gdal-dev] missing libproj.so

Matt Wilkie matt.wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Wed Feb 11 16:38:59 EST 2004

Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> By default GDAL is built to try and dynamically load libproj.so at
> runtime. The good part of this is that you don't need to have libproj
> around to build GDAL, but if you later install it - bam - GDAL's
> projection support starts working too.
>
> You can try building and installing PROJ now and see if things work,
> but this stuff may be fragile on Cygwin.

I have, but libproj.so is not created or installed, only libproj.a and
libproj.la. I note that shared libraries are supposed to be built by
default according to ./configure --help. I'm at the limit of knowledge
here but am happy to keep trying out the various options until something
works.

cheers,

--
matt wilkie