[Gdal-dev] GML procesing problems

Andrew Larcombe andrew at redink.demon.co.uk
Fri Feb 13 18:37:39 EST 2004

Hello all,

I am having problems processing GML files created using the ogr2ogr program.
This is what I have done:

1. Create a simple GML file from a .shp file (airports) contained in the UMN
Mapserver itasca data set using the following command:
[andrew at server andrew]$ ogr2ogr -f "GML" ~/airports.gml ./airports.shp

This produces the files airports.gml and the corresponding schema file
airports.xsd.

2. I have created a very simple stylesheet and attempted to process the GML
file using the XSL file using the Apache Xalan-C transformer, but this
generates the following error:
[andrew at server andrew]$ Xalan airports.gml airports.xsl

Fatal Error at (file airports.gml , line 5 , column {null} ): The prefix 'ogr'
has not been mapped to any URI
SAXParseException: The prefix 'ogr' has not been mapped to any URI
(airports.gml, line 5, column 45)

3. Opening the GML file in an XML editor and attempting to validate it, or
specify an XPath filter produces similar results.

Can anyone help?

System info:
Linux, kernel 2.4.21
Using OGR bundled with GDAL 1.1.9