[Gdal-dev] Python support under MinGW

Mario Beauchamp starged at videotron.ca
Mon Feb 16 22:31:31 EST 2004

Hi all,

Another question about building gdal under MinGW: to enable python support, do I need a MinGW build
of Python? Because from what I could find on that subject, it's no easy task...

And I do need Python support in gdal to compile OpenEV, right? Even if I currently have 4 Pythons
(with OpenEV_FW 1.63 and OpenEV 1.70, Python 2.3 for Windows and the source for Python 2.3.3), none
of them have the makefile needed by gdal and OpenEV:

(GDAL configure)
checking Python makefile... missing, python disabled.
(OpenEV configure)
configure:3494: error: *** Couldnt find the python config makefile.  Maybe you are
*** missing the development portion of the python installation

Anyway, I will ask other questions relevant to OpenEV/Python on the openev ml...
--
Mario B.
My Landsat images: