[Gdal-dev] RE: Gdal in ossim environment

Pushkar Pradhan pushkar at GRI.MsState.Edu
Tue Feb 17 15:44:22 EST 2004

Sorry if this is off-topic, but I thought Gdal mailing list would be the
best place to ask this.
I'm trying to build the examples in ossim, but it can't link to the gdal
libs.
Since everything was built static, there is only a libgdal.la inside the
gdal dir.
I've compiled ossim to build static apps only (it's a long story...). Their
(ossim's default) apps/odules/routines compiled fine. But this doesn't work:
g++
image_open.o -L/rstc/user1/erc/pushkar/ossim/lib -L/rstc/user1/erc/pushkar/o
ssim/src/packages/gdal    -L/usr/local/mpi/lib  -L/rstc/user1/erc/pushkar/os
sim/lib/.libs -lossim_init -lossim_plugin -lossim_visualsim -lossim_parallel
 -lossim_vec -lossim_imaging -lossim_projections -lossim_elevation -lossim_s
upport_data -lossim_vec -lossim_vpfutil -lossim_font -lossim_base -lossim_po
lyclip -lossim_matrix   -lmpich -lpmpich -L/usr/lib -lfreetype     -lgdal
  -ljpeg -lgif -lpng -lz -lm -ldl -lutil   -o image_open
/usr/local/gnu/bin/ld: cannot find -lgdal
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [image_open] Error 1

It's getting the path to the gdal dir. but I think it's looking for
libgdal-1.1.9.so.
Can someone tell how I can pass the gdal lib. to my program? Thanks,
Pushkar