[Gdal-dev] Problems building gdal dll with libtool on MinGW

Mario Beauchamp starged at videotron.ca
Wed Feb 18 01:33:32 EST 2004

Hi Alessandro,

I was hoping you would jump in since I knew you were one of the few on the list familiar with MinGW
:)

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 08:22:39 +0100, Alessandro Amici <alexamici at fastwebnet.it> wrote:

>all mingw installation i tried had only static libraries inside /usr/lib

Same here except they are in /lib... I guess we could make dlls if we wanted using the a2dll script.

>you may possibly get the gdal internal copy of libz using
>"--with-libz=internal", but you need to find a way to get a shared copy of
>libm. you should probably ask to the mingw list.

As you may have read in my other post, I finally chose to build GDAL as a static lib and inside the
Dev-Cpp environment (ie no MSYS) and everything is fine now, althought it took a whole day of
fiddling to fine tune the Dev-Cpp project file...

Thanks for your support.
--
Mario B.
My Landsat images: