[Gdal-dev] Python support under MinGW

Mario Beauchamp starged at videotron.ca
Wed Feb 18 23:58:39 EST 2004

Hi Frank,

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 01:54:50 -0500, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> wrote:

>I don't know.  I am not familiar with "MSYS" at all.  I gather this
>is some sort of toolset or something related to MingW?

Quoted from the MinGW site: "A Minimal SYStem to provide POSIX/Bourne configure scripts the ability
to execute and create a Makefile used by make".

>I would note that OpenEV without python isn't really used for anything, so it
>isn't really worth it to me to make that configuration work smoothly.  It would
>be nice to be able to override the python build options directly.

That problem may be solved... see post on openev list.

I use the gtk stuff I got from: http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/downloads.html

>I would encourage you to try and build against versions of this
>built with MSVC by someone else (ie. me) or you will really be fiddling
>with alot of stuff.

I think I succeeded in doing that. Got the .def's and the headers from the openev cvs web. And
managed to link against the dlls included with OpenEV_FW 1.63. I still don't have a working OpenEv
but I will get there, you can bet on that :)

Thanks for your help.
--
Mario B.
My Landsat images: