[Gdal-dev] 1.2.0a Release

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Feb 19 14:56:42 EST 2004

Folks,

I have prepared a preliminary 1.2.0 alpha release:

   ftp://ftp.remotesensing.org/pub/gdal/gdal-1.2.0a.tar.gz

I have tested it on win32 (VC++) and an old version of Red Hat and it seems
to work pretty well.  Some outstanding issues:

  o There don't appear to be any built-in targets to install the new utility
    man pages.

  o I built against Python 1.5.2 on the remotesensing.org system, and the python
    modules wouldn't load for some odd reason.  I was unable to diagnose the
    problem.  Perhaps we need to restrict things to Python 2.0 or newer?

  o I presume the Red Hat and Debian packaging information needs to be updated.

I would appreciate it if some people could give this new rev a quick spin on
different platforms, and building it into different applications.   I would
also appreciate feedback from the package maintainers - updated package stuff
and so forth.  It would be nice to have .deb's and .rpm's built and ready to
distribute with a final GDAL 1.2.0 release.

Thanks,