[Gdal-dev] 1.2.0a Release

Andrey Kiselev dron at ak4719.spb.edu
Sun Feb 22 01:30:37 EST 2004

On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 05:45:48PM +0300, Andrey Kiselev wrote:
> I have added more logic to --with-static-proj4 switch. Now it can take
> values "yes", "no" and "/path/to/binary/installation". There should be
> no problem in case of --with-static-proj4=yes and system wide
> installation. Please, test.

Thinking a bit more on that topic I'm wondering whether we should
statically link with PROJ.4 by default and rollback to dynamic loading
if library not found? I'm remember there was complains in GRASS list
about dlopening PROJ.4 on MacOSX. Static linking should solve such
problems.

					Andrey

--
Andrey V. Kiselev
Home phone:  +7 812 5274898  ICQ# 26871517