[Gdal-dev] ogr2ogr does not include OCI driver

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Feb 23 17:20:01 EST 2004

fheland at netcourrier.com wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm trying to build gdal with OCI support. (Linux Fedora+Oracle 10g+Gdal1.1.9). I have the gdal 1.2.0a working properly with OCI support (with Oracle 10g) ... but I need 1.1.9 for mapserver compilation.
>
> ORACLE_HOME variable is set, gdal.1.1.9 configure & make are ok. But when runing ogr2ogr, no support for OCI driver is mentionned !
>
> If I run ldd ogr2ogr, oci library are linked to.
>
> Is there anything else I could check ? Do I need to put oci flag when configure ?

Fred,

You might need to do a make clean and then build again.  In particular, it
is key that that gdal/ogr/ogrsf_frmts/generic/ogrregisterall.cpp be compiled
"knowing" about the OCI driver.  The Oracle stuff was pretty new in 1.1.9
and there have been a number of fixes since then, as well as improvements in
the configuration mechanism.

Why do you think you need GDAL 1.1.9 for use with MapServer?  MapServer should
work fine with GDAL 1.2.0 and if not I would like to fix it.