[Gdal-dev] GDAL 1.2.0a win32

Frédéric Trastour support at geoimage.fr
Wed Feb 25 11:47:40 EST 2004

Hello,

Few comments about Win32 build of 1.2.0a :

** When using external tiff and geotiff libraries, these
libs should be added to the EXTERNAL_LIBS variable in
nmake.opt :

EXTERNAL_LIBS = $(OGDILIB) $(XERCES_LIB) $(OCI_LIB) $(PG_LIB) $(ODBCLIB) \
  $(ECWLIB) $(HDF4_LIB) $(FME_LIB) $(JASPER_LIB) $(MRSID_LIB) \
  $(FITS_LIB) $(JPEG_LIB) $(PNG_LIB) $(NETCDF_LIB) \
                $(GEOTIFF_LIB) $(TIFF_LIB)

A related question, for my own driver, I need to link with some additionnal
libraries. Actually I add this library to the LINKER_FLAGS variable which
in under the "## END OF STUFF THAT NORMALLY NEEDS TO BE UPDATED ##" section.
It should be nice to have a ADD_LIBS variable added to LINKER_FLAGS or
to EXTERNAL_LIBS when defined.

** Make clean don't remove all objects files :

$ nmake /fmakefile.vc clean
$ ls */*.obj
ogr/ogr_srs_xml.obj  port/cpl_conv.obj

** A question related to tiff and geotiff librairies : is it planned
to release a version of these librairies corresponding to the 1.2.0
release of GDAL ?

Regards,

Frédéric.

Frédéric Trastour - SpacEyes - dev at spaceyes.fr