[Gdal-dev] spatial data

Saurabh Data saurabhdata at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 28 09:39:04 EST 2004

Dear readers

I am a student doing research on "spatial databass; an analysis of open
source systems". so I need to find open source system which support spatial
content.

In OSDB's(Open Source Databes) I have found postgreSQL (extension postGIS)
and
mySQL(still in development stage) valid.

I am still searching for more systems , which might be of any help.

Can anyone give me a brief idea of what does GDAL does and how does it fit
in the context of spatial data.

I have been able to found that GDAL is a library for geospatial data
formats.

Any help given will be much appreciated
Any help given willl be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Saurabh Data