[Gdal-dev] Projection Parameters

Grabowski, Hank hgrabows at stk.com
Thu Jan 8 12:48:48 EST 2004

Hello again,

We are continuing to use, quite successfully, the OGR library for doing
automatic reprojections of data for our application.  However in
internal testing I found a weird issue with some of the Parameter
variables.  I noticed that there are certain keywords, like
Central_Meridian and Latitude_Of_Origin that vary between ESRI code and
the OGR code.  Looking at it in debug mode I discover that the
ValidateProjection method is aware of the discrepancy and is able to map
between the OGR values, Longitude_of_Center and Latitude_Of_Center in
this case, but instead throws an error and aborts the loading process.
Should the true behavior be for the code to remap the names to their
respective OGR values?  If the internal code is capable of parsing it,
thus removing the need for actually changing the label, shouldn't the
loop continue on and allow future variables to be read anyway?

Hank Grabowski
hgrabowski at stk.com
1-610-578-1000
Get an opportunity to win an iQue PDA/GPS handheld system by inviting
your friends and colleagues to join the STK user community at
http://www.stk.com/referral. "Share The Knowledge!"